RAM: 2*2GB or 1*4GB?

Closed
kateMC - Jan 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM
 USA SYS TECH - Jul 18, 2008 at 05:23 PM
Hi, guys!
I’d like to upgrade my computer to 4GB of RAM. I have very stupid question about it…
1- Is it better to have 2*2GB, or 4*1GB, and… why?
2- Is there a clear leading manufacturer for RAM memory or are they pretty much all the same?
3- Who is the best for RAM: OCz? Corsair? same?
Related:

3 responses

Michel LATOUFFE Posts 5096 Registration date Saturday February 18, 2006 Status Contributor Last seen October 16, 2009 4
Feb 12, 2008 at 08:46 PM
@@ HuG ! @@

For the brand you have OCZ, Crucial, Kingston, Corsair, G-skill that are very good brand I agree.

Don't forget than your OS (windows xp, vista or linux) sould be 64 bits to accept 4 go ! ;)

And 2x2 is the best choice because if one crash you still get one on your MB, and it's the less expensive choice ! ;)
Hello( I'm french so if there is a problem...)
It's better to have 2x2 Gb because you can do Dual Channel it's faster than 1x4Gb
For the brand you have OCZ, Crucial, Kingston, Corsair, G-skill that are very good brand
I think all these RAM are very good, it's the same, but i'll always buy Corsair because i'd never any problem with this brand
"Hi, guys!
I�d like to upgrade my computer to 4GB of RAM. I have very stupid question about it�
1- Is it better to have 2*2GB, or 4*1GB, and� why?
2- Is there a clear leading manufacturer for RAM memory or are they pretty much all the same?
3- Who is the best for RAM: OCz? Corsair? same?"

Title -> "RAM: 2*2GB or 1*4GB?"
Question 1 -> "...Is it better to have 2*2GB, or 4*1GB, and� why? "

1-Best 4GB ram setup [x4 of 1G> x2 of 2G> x1 of 4G]. Because each stick of ram runs at a limited speed, so having more allows the rams to run efficiently.

2-No matter which company you buy your rams from, try to buy them in pairs or better yet, ask the company to sell you pairs or more from the same batch. Even different material on the same type of ram by the same company can cause it to run poorly, or not run at all.

3-*Most* rams made in Taiwan, just stickered differently by different companies in the US.