PDF Rider Sheet

Closed
CT - Oct 28, 2008 at 03:47 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 28, 2008 at 05:03 PM
Hello,
I am an inexprienced webmaster for our Harley Davidson Owners Group and I have Adobe 7 professional and created a ride sheet for our members to sign up on to attend Chapter rides and I have loaded it to our website and riders can access it though a link from our calendar. The problem is that they can not save it. So when I access it from my computer it only showes what I have done to the sheet. I was hoping that when people type their name it it would keep it there so others would beable to see who has signed up. We have mulitiple rides each month and this would give the person setting up the ride to see who will be attending.

Thanks

C.T. Gay
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 28, 2008 at 05:03 PM
You can't do that with a PDF. The PDF is probably not even being transmitted back to your server. Even if your users were sending the PDF back to your server you could have problems with simultaneous updates. Think if you had to viewers A and B who both went to your site and downloaded the PDF. B types faster than A and completes the form and transmits it back the server. A then finishes his entry and sends it back to the server. The end result is a PDF form on the server without the data that B entered.

You need to find and enable a Data Base solution to your problem.