Tips to increase internet speed

Solved/Closed
ashish - Nov 18, 2008 at 09:10 AM
 Princess - Apr 25, 2011 at 02:42 AM
Hello,
Respected Sir,

My internet speed is too low and my downloading speed is even worse can u suggest me some tips.....
Related:

5 responses

I just found this good tips from my ISP. I am sure it works for you.

Here's a simple little thing you can do to increase your bandwidth by at least 20%.

Ok here we go...
  • 1.) log on as Administrator.
  • 2.) start - run - type
    gpedit.msc
  • 3.) expand "local computer policy"
  • 4.) then expand "administrative templates"
  • 5.) then expand "network branch"
  • 6.) Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler"
  • 7.) on right window double click "limit reservable bandwidth"
  • 8.) on setting tab check the "enabled"
  • 9.) change "Bandwidth limit %" to 0

You're done.It would be a good idea to reboot after this.
I am a guest but this indeed works. Super my download speed using download manager or not indeed improved. The speed doubled. That is greet
Asalm-o-alikun
irfan I have just tried your way to increase internet speed I hope I will see chages in my connection speed after rebooting
thnx
Assalam wo alaikum ( may pease be up on you)
Hello irfan I used your tricks on my system and it is miracle that my system's download speed has improved much better. Please let me know some more tips to improve my upload speed and to improve my system speed too. Allah hafiz ( May allah bless all of us)
hey buddy, its gud to implementing ur tips that actually worked on my computer.
Thanx
Hello Irfan...I tried this...It doesnot increse ur speed
turnoff or restart the system
go to mynetwork places right click select properties
click on configure
select speed & duplex
in the right side u wil get one window
go to that and select 100mbbs full duplex and click ok then u wil see ur net speed wil increase by 100%
if not just restart ur system after doing above procedure
There's not always a lot you can do for this sort of thing, but I know a couple things that are known to help. So if you are using Firefox (which you kind of have to be for any of my tips to work) download the FasterFox addon. You can either Google search it or go to Firefox's addon site and search.

This one helps, I believe, a bit. That is to disable IPv6 in Firefox (IPv6 is the replacement for IPv4 when IPv4 runs out of possible IP Addresses from all the new computers popping up around the world but is not hardly used right now). In your Firefox address bar type "about:config" without the quotes. In the filter bar type "ipv6" and one result should be left. Double click it, network.dns.disableIPv6, so that its value is set to true.

The next does technically help but can throttle websites bandwidth just a bit if set too high. One again type "about:config" in Firefox's address bar. In the filter type "network.http.pipelining", or just type "pipelining" to get all the results we need to edit, and double click it so that it's value is True. Next type in "network.http.pipeling.maxrequests" and set it's value to about 4, which I believe is the default. In any case I wouldn't recommend anything higher than 8. Basically what this second edit does is change the amount of times Firefox demands the page to be loaded. I personally believe anything between 2 and 4 is quite fine. Finally type in "network.proxy.pipelining" and set its value to true.

So those are all types that will help if you're just browsing, with Firefox, and I'm not sure I know any general modifications to help your connection constantly... actually... well I haven't used it myself so this is more or a less a 'good luck buddy' sort of thing. But I believe SG TCP Optimizer is supposed to be a decent program to tweak your internet connection. You'd kinda have to just try and check to see if it helps or not.

Also as BearClaw said Adblock Plus is a great addon for firefox. It will save yourself a bit of bandwidth by blocking tons of ads.

Hope at least something I said will help. I remember what it's like having slow internet too =(
agtPunk
Dear Brother,
If u want to surfing Internet through the mobile only then first of all mobile type must be 3G category and second you should use either IDM or DAP and also Depends on the service provider that you use and you don't care about All suggestions by all guys otherwise u will be confuse that what I do or not. And also u can use a good option of Broadband service and that time your Internet speed will be up. I will give u more better suggestions if u want then you can email me: chotusatya@yahoo.com

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
BearClaw Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2008
Nov 19, 2008 at 03:32 AM
I am not a moderator, but I do have a couple of suggestions.

First, upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. It is fast!
Add the plug-ins Grease Monkey and Ad-Block to Firefox.

Second, use a browser cleaner such as CCleaner. It is a free program. https://www.ccleaner.com/
When the Ccleaner program tells you that running the scan will permanently delete the files it finds, click OK.
Before you use Ccleaner the first time, click on Settings, then click the box that will make sure Ccleaner makes a new System Restore point before it deletes any files.

Hope this helps!