Virus help

Closed
Kris - Nov 20, 2008 at 03:53 PM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 23, 2008 at 07:00 PM
Hello,
can anybody please help me to solve my problem with Google redirecting me to weird websites and my antivirus not being able to update, I've tried all of the solutions on this page but nothing has worked, spybot wont work different anti virus programs cant update all kinds of spam and malware removers wont work and I tried deleteing internet ex but it wont delete. can anyone help?
Related:

4 responses

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 20, 2008 at 05:04 PM
Run a System Recovery on your PC. By the sounds of things, I think this will b your best alternative. Try backing up any important files that u may have b4 running recovery. When you're done, download and install AVG Free Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. U can download them at www.download.com. Run full system scans with both 2 make sure u no longer r infected. Keep your Anti-Virus up 2 date, ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! Thanks for trying to help, but system recovery didnt work, I clicked on the date I wanted to go back to and it said click next to confirm but nothing happened, I dont sapose you have any more ideas!
thanks Kris!
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104 > Kris
Nov 22, 2008 at 07:12 PM
Sorry, u misunderstood me. I didn't say System restore. I knew that wouldn't work. I suggested a SYSTEM RECOVERY. This takes your PC back 2 factory settings. Try again, follow my previous instructions. They will work 4 U.
Well Kris I think you should try superantispyware
Hi
No luck with superantispyware it downloads and installs fine but when I click on the icon I get the message that Superantispyware as encountered a problem and needs to shut down, maybe its time to take my computer to the shop to get fixed, fustrated!
thanks anyways!
Kris
Hi, sorry I missunderstood you I have no Idea how to do system recovery, I have no disk for windows xp, so I dont sapose you could go into more detail on how to do this
thanks kris
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 22, 2008 at 08:49 PM
OK..............Reboot your PC, b4 anything shows up on your screen, start tapping the F10 key til u get a window prompting u 2 do a System Recovery. Click on the Advanced button at the bottom and follow the rest of the instructions. They are self explanatory. If u r still having problems, let me know......Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! No Luck I tried several times but she just reboots like normal! any more suggestions?
thanks!
Kris
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104 > Kris
Nov 23, 2008 at 07:00 PM
Keep trying.........u should b able 2 bring up System Recovery while u r tapping the F10 key. Sometimes it takes awhile.