Solved/Closed
babu - Dec 8, 2008 at 02:54 AM
 T.Nehru - May 19, 2018 at 02:22 AM
Hello,
Plz tell me about how to remove write protection in my pendrive
Related:

3 responses

Dear folks,,

Here is the solution to remove write protection in pendrive due to virus. Please do the following steps

start / run /
regedit
/
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Currentcontrolset\control\storatedevicepolicies

In right side you will be getting writeprotect option, just right click that and modify the value from
to

It will definetly work!

Thanks for your valuable feedback....

By jegan
Hi, when I follow your suggested approach, I do not get the "storagedevicepolicies". I only get "storage" under the control tab. Is there a way to add this particular tab to my system. I run a Window Vista HP desktop.
Thanks for any advice you may give me.
Jeff
hai jeff,,

defenitly you will be getting the tab storage devices between still images and system restores under the control tab, please check it out otherwise your operating system may be correpted... please check it out

thanks

jegan
Hi Jegan :)

You are great ! I have solved my problem according to your advice !
Thank you somuch ! Hoping that you will be there always to help us :)

Thanks again Jjegan:)
Thanks a lot---senthil
bhavin > jegan
Jun 6, 2009 at 05:17 AM
hi can u mail me the details to my id I am having the write protection problem can u tell me details pls I am having 32gm pendrive plssss I will thankfull of u yar pls send me the details my id is Email Id removed for security, and also Email Id removed for security from india mumbai.
namaste,
if you have transcend pen drive infected by 9u.exe which is a write protect virus then the following works like a charm:
1) download JetFlash online recovery from:
www.transcendusa.com/Support/DLCenter/Software/OnLineRecovery.exe
2) run the program
3) specify the capacity of your drive eg.512 MB, 1 GB .....etc
4) choose "repair and erase all data" OR " repair and keep existing data"
5) progress bar starts.......completes
6) notification appears ---" format complete"
7) unplug and plug your drive and .....presto

enjoy!!!!

by the way I am just a doctor by profession
prashant045 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2010
May 8, 2010 at 04:01 AM
to austrygypsy
thanks a lot u saved by transcend 4gb pendrive
thanks a lot.....................
Thank you very much. It was indeed a virus. I've serached everywhere for almost 6 hrs. and your solution was the only thing that's perfect. :)
I have solved my problem using the following procedure. Follow this once.
SOLUTION:
To remove write protection:
Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0
In the Value Data Box and press OK button
Exit Registry, restart your computer and then again re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer.
It worked to me.

Good luck
I tried but failed. Best solution is through it in to waste bin and buy another exept sandisk.