Need help with HP CD Drive

Closed
Dumbfounded - Sep 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 8, 2010 at 08:41 AM
Hello, I've been having numerous problems with my CD/DVD drive. The only way to open the drive is through the manual release hole and after opening, the drive still doesn't recognize that there is a disk present. Also, there are times when my computer is idle, the CD/DVD drive will start humming loudly and will continue to spin without a disk present. The only way to cease the spinning is if I restart my computer. HELP!

Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 8, 2010 at 08:41 AM
Hi there,

Its clear that the drive has a mechanic problem as you need to unlock/open it via the emergency eject hole of the drive,so it cannot be repaired as well as has the firmware corrupted since no cd is being detected on it.You need to replace the drive either purchasing from local computer shops or ordering it online from various reseller or even official Hp website,other thing what can be done for replacing the drive is to use an external cd/dvd drive which is also very easy to used by hooking a usb cable on any computer system,all depends on your budget.

Thanks