Password protection- PC and Mac

Closed
Goldie - Sep 10, 2010 at 04:42 AM
 Goldie - Sep 11, 2010 at 03:12 AM
Hi

I'm really stuck, any ideas much appreciated. I'm trying to send some important files to a group of people over the internet. They must be password protected. Only problem is some of the users are using windows and the others are on mac. Can't seem to find a password program that will work with both.

Thanks
Goldie
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 11, 2010 at 02:51 AM
Dear Goldie,

Your post is not so clear. If you are actually meaning that the files are write protected, you should have the possibility to send them. It doesn't matter what OS others are using for sending a file. Please be more specific about the matter so that we get to see into it and hence help you appropriately.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry my post wasn't very clear, it's the first time I have been to this site.

I have a large batch of word and PDF files that I need to send to a group of people.
The files are confidential so they have to be password protected. I used a zip program to put a password on the files and put the files on a server.

When the people who needed the files went to get them from the server, the download worked fine but the people using macs can't get the password protection off. I looked on the internet yesterday and it seems that macs can't use password protection.

Many thanks
Goldie