Router/wifi problem

Closed
Brian - Sep 17, 2010 at 02:30 PM
rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 - Sep 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Hello,

I wiped my pc and installed windows 7. In the process I lost the encryption key for wifi access for my wifi device and had not set a password for the security feature. I only have basic computer knowledge and cannot seem to find a way to get past the security so that I can use my wifi devices. Any help?

Related:

2 responses

rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 4
Sep 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Hi,

The best solution on that is to reset your router configurations to default.

To do so, examine your router's physical appearance, and look for the RESET button. Push this button for about 1minute while it was on. Then try to connect it to your computer. That will reset its settings to default

BTW, reconfigure its wireless encryption afterwards.

Thanks.
You should connect your router with your pc by cable. When connected you should acces your router settings by accessing it with your browser (firefox). In adress bar in firefox type the router default ip adress. This adress is written in routers user manual. it should be like 192.168.x.x ....
then it will ask you for user and pass. that is also in that manual (usualy admin admin...)
Try to find wireless security and there u will find your encryption key...
Good luck