Synch new itouch w/old inano iTunes account

Closed
=j - Oct 21, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Saman.tha Posts 1382 Registration date Monday May 25, 2009 Status Moderator Last seen September 14, 2015 - Oct 22, 2010 at 02:53 AM
Hello,

I hope I explain my dilemma concisely. I have utilized Google exhastively with every search phrase I can think of. While the articles I have found seem to address my issue in reverse, i.e., synch existing iTunes side data onto the new itouch.

IOW, my existing iTunes account is synched and associated with an older nano. I want all of the data/apps I have installed on a new touch to transfer over to the existing iTunes account without wiping the touch back to factory settings and synching outdated data. Make sense?

How can I achieve this seemingly insurmountable problem?

TIA for any ideas, advice or non-rabbit trails to the answer.

=j

Related:

1 response

Saman.tha Posts 1382 Registration date Monday May 25, 2009 Status Moderator Last seen September 14, 2015 33
Oct 22, 2010 at 02:53 AM
Hi,

I hope I got it right. If you want to transfer all your data from your touch to iTunes, please refer to the following FAQ Article.

If you want to continue using the library you used with the nano, you'll have to "Erase and Sync" your iTouch (of course only after you transferred everything back to iTunes). There's unfortunately no way around. Even if you create a new library (holding down Shift when opening iTunes) the iPod will be wiped before you can synchronize it. The only way to keep everything, is to use the same iTunes library that has been used before to synchronize the iTouch.

Hope this information is helpful.