May i request help with comparing two columns

Closed
zorroaccountant Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 8, 2011 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2011 - Feb 8, 2011 at 04:46 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Feb 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Greetings everyone,

I needed some help and would appreciate any comments or advice if possible.

I am working in development finance and i got one main sheet to work with and folder full of spreadsheets dated 2011 to 2020. What i truly needed help with and i would be indebted if you can help is:

i want to compare first line of address from one column in main sheet to first line of address on spreadsheets labelled 2011 to 2020. WHati am doing is going through each yr sheet individually to pull up addresses and if they match than i type in yr that unit needs replaces i.e main PIMMS sheet to say 2013 spreadsheet and address match on autofilter using custom than i enter 2013 on main PIMMS sheet against the address for replacement.

Even if there is no magic bullet for this, any help any advice to point me in right direction will be great. What i wanted is if both address lines match than yr of spreadsheet comes in a column on main PIMMS sheet please.

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM
One approach could be that process process each row of the main sheet.
A. get the address
b. compare the address in other sheets one by one
c. if match is found, then replace and if match is not found that move to next line.