Facebook does not allow accounts to be created by people under the age of 13 - that is the general rule. See why Facebook blocks accounts of those under 13 and what you can do to solve the problem.
Why you must be at least 13 years old to have a Facebook account?
Facebook has account supervisors in every corner of the world. They are specifically tasked with account security, age being one of the most important issues checked with regard to personal data, as it implies the protection of childhood on the web - nothing can go unnoticed. If failures happened in the past, today it is quite rare, when it comes to age.
Can Facebook reactivate a blocked for age restrictions account?
In order for Facebook to unblock an account that is suspected of having circumvented the 13 year age minimum - because it was created by a minor, because of a typo, or because of form-filling fraud - you will need to prove that you are over the minimum age requirement.
Although this is an almost impossible task, what the user can do is access the Facebook Help Center.
In case of a typo when creating the account, it will simply not be confirmed and will be blocked before you even open the homepage. As a rule, there is no point in filling out another form, nor is it possible to correct it. The social network already has the identity saved on its servers with the wrong age and does not allow you to change this data for security reasons.
What you can do is to contact the Facebook support and prove your identity by sending a photo of your document. You can read this article for more detailed instructions about What to do when your Facebook account is locked or disabled.
How to change your birth date on Facebook?
It is very simple to change your birthday date on your Facebook account. To do this, open Facebook and click on your photo in the upper right corner to access your profile. Next, in the options bar, go to About and select Contact and Basic Info in the left menu.
Now scroll down the interface and under date of birth click the pencil icon and make the change.
Click on the Save button to validate the changes.
- Facebook locked account date of birth change
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account > Guide
- How to change your birthday on Facebook > Guide
- Facebook account review: how long does it take? > Guide
- My personal Facebook accounts has been locked [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Facebook hacked and contact information changed [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Meta: new Facebook name, rumors, and future
- Voice and video calls on Facebook
- How to delete a Facebook account
- How to unblock friends on Facebook
- How to add name pronunciation to Facebook
- Comment ranking on Facebook: how to turn it on
- Facebook Leak: data and security check
- How to share a post in a private message on Facebook
- How to send a message to multiple users on Facebook
- What is b.static.ak.fbcdn.net on Facebook?
- Change Facebook language: in browser and on Android
- How to check who viewed my Facebook profile (2021)?
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- How to download Facebook videos
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- How to connect to Facebook without entering your password
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do