July 24, 2020
-
 yusef -
Hewllo,
It’s several days that I can’t log in on messenger
It gives me this message
Error
Unable to complete request try later..
I did uninstall and install bu nothing..
Please help

System Configuration: iPad / Safari 12.1.2

3 replies

Registration date
Friday December 18, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 19, 2020
I just wanted to add my experience in case it helps someone who has stumbled upon this conversation as I was also seeing this error when attempting to log into FB Messenger on my iPhone and iPad, yet I could log into my FB account without an issue. On my iPhone and iPad, I have the ‘Lockdown’ app installed which enhances blocking of trackers. (You have to enable it in Safari settings/Content blockers.)
I opened the Lockdown app and switched off the Firewall and then found I could once again log into the Messenger app without a problem.
Once logged in, I then immediately switched the Lockdown Firewall back on, but it’s so quick and simple to action that I won’t mind going through that brief ‘off and back on’ process when opening the Messenger app in future if needs must.
So, what I am suggesting is that if you have Lockdown or an alternative Firewall app on your device, try temporarily disabling it as this may well be the solution.
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Thanks AMMTherapy, that saved me much of annoyance! It's also worth to note Lockdown's default block lists include "Facebook trackers" which in my case affects "share to Messenger" feature. Thus I have disabled the list so that now I can use the sharing feature with Messenger as with any other application.
Thanks for the solution.
My problem is solved! :)
Bruuuh thanks you have been a great help I was freaking out mane!!!!
boohh thanks habbi its worked
Registration date
Friday December 18, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 19, 2020
Just an update to my previous post; I actually found that having logged successfully into the FB Messenger app on my iPhone and/or iPad after having temporarily disabled my 'Lockdown' app Firewall, I later happily discovered that I did not have to disable it again prior to opening the FB Messenger app next time, so, at the time of posting, it looks as though the app is now behaving itself without having to touch my Firewall app. Hope this helps.
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
February 25, 2021
Hi,

Go to https://www.messenger.com from a PC and try to log in. Check also if you can log in to your Facebook account in case it is linked to your Messenger account.
And then what shall I do if it works
Had exactly the same issue, works via pc but can’t log in with the app. Reset the iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled messenger countless times, still the same message.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!