Error unable to complete request

Solved/Closed
Kinoz71 Posts 1 Registration date Friday July 24, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2020 - Jul 24, 2020 at 07:28 AM
 901dad - Dec 30, 2022 at 07:07 AM
Hewllo,
It’s several days that I can’t log in on messenger
It gives me this message
Error
Unable to complete request try later..
I did uninstall and install bu nothing..
Please help

System Configuration: iPad / Safari 12.1.2
Related:

3 responses

AMMTherapy Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 18, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 19, 2020 550
Dec 18, 2020 at 09:05 AM
I just wanted to add my experience in case it helps someone who has stumbled upon this conversation as I was also seeing this error when attempting to log into FB Messenger on my iPhone and iPad, yet I could log into my FB account without an issue. On my iPhone and iPad, I have the ‘Lockdown’ app installed which enhances blocking of trackers. (You have to enable it in Safari settings/Content blockers.)
I opened the Lockdown app and switched off the Firewall and then found I could once again log into the Messenger app without a problem.
Once logged in, I then immediately switched the Lockdown Firewall back on, but it’s so quick and simple to action that I won’t mind going through that brief ‘off and back on’ process when opening the Messenger app in future if needs must.
So, what I am suggesting is that if you have Lockdown or an alternative Firewall app on your device, try temporarily disabling it as this may well be the solution.
Thanks AMMTherapy, that saved me much of annoyance! It's also worth to note Lockdown's default block lists include "Facebook trackers" which in my case affects "share to Messenger" feature. Thus I have disabled the list so that now I can use the sharing feature with Messenger as with any other application.
Thanks for the solution.
My problem is solved! :)