Instagram is not only a place for sharing photos and videos, you can also send direct messages to other users. It this article we will explain how to send and receive direct messages from both people that you follow, and people that you don't.
Instagram allows you to send direct messages to other users, whether they are your followers or not. Direct messages from users who follow you ( followers) are notified in the box marked with the origami airplane logo. Direct Messages (DM) from those who are not your followers, i.e. those contacts with whom you have never had any kind of communication, can be found in the message requests.
Similar to the Other Messages function of Facebook, Instagram's message requests also allow you to filter all incoming messages - especially useful for those who have a lot of followers and have a company account for example - so you can decide whether to reply or not.
To check if there are any pending message requests on your Instagram account you should follow these steps:
Open the app, click on the airplane icon or swipe to the left from home screen. On the top right under the Search bar, you will see how many message requests you have.
If you have received a message request, you can decide whether to reject it or accept it. When you open it, you can choose between Block, Delete or Accept options. The request may also be opened simply by holding down on it, for Android devices or by swapping on the chat for iPhone users.
There are a number of possible reasons for an Instagram message request disappearing. If you have received a message request that is not accepted or rejected for a period of more than 4 weeks they are automatically deleted from the platform. Not only that but this "mysterious disappearance" can also be attributed to the cancellation of the request by the sender themselves or the fact that the message sender has deactivated their account.
By sending messages, even to your followers, it is possible that the message with Request sent next to the contact in question will appear. Unlike what we've explained above, i.e. for sending messages to non-followers, this message appears because the recipient has a private profile. Simply access Access Data > Unanswered Requests that you have sent to remove all pending requests.
- Instagram message we limit how often > Forum - Instagram
- Instagram message recovery site review [solved] > Forum - Instagram
- How to send audio in Instagram [solved] > Forum - Instagram
- Instagram connection in Facebook Business Suite Not Working > Forum - Instagram
- How To Turn Off Private Messages on Your Facebook Page
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts.
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, recovery, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2021
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post