Error message when starting up computer

Closed
bucky - Jan 7, 2009 at 10:58 AM
 Daniel Dimitrijevski - Mar 11, 2009 at 01:38 PM
Hello,
How do I fix error message C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.Dll
keep getting it every time I turn on computer. How do I correct it??

5 responses

Mothman669 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday January 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009
Jan 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM
You don't want to restore that file. It's part of the malware that you removed.
To get rid of the error message you can use this program from Microsoft.

AutoRuns for Windows v9.21
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Once you've downloaded and extracted the files, run autoruns.exe.
Look on the Everything tab for an entry that lists MWSBAR.DLL in the Image path
column.
Uncheck the item.
Restart your computer. If you no longer see the error message, you can go back
and delete the entry in Autoruns.

If that doesn't fix the problem, take a look at some of the sites listed in this
Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=MWSBAR.DLL&btnG=Google+Search&gws_rd=ssl

Good luck
julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 1
Jan 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM
You have been infected by a malware and you should first remove your web search bar by going through the Control Panel/ Add Remove features.

Once done, you should now make a scan through your computer to determine if the threat is still there. If nothing is detected, you can choose to manually remove them from the following procedures:

Go to the Tools option in your internet explorer browser and select the Manage Add Ons item. Disable the setting for the Web Search add on (it will be labelled as mwsbar.dll. You will get rid of this message next time you put the pc on.
have removed web search bar, comp. clean ran virizon virus prog. that is installed here. when i went to internet browser in manage add ons ,there is only mwsBAR BHO listed i put that one to disable. I have something i found in add remove programs in control panel. Item called my web search(popular Screen savers it will not allow me to deleteit and it has the same info C;\progra~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR3DLL have got more info. also to try to do ,but need to see what is with this .I did all you said ,turned off compu. still have error message as of now . will wait for your reply. thanks for help to all.
Will this work on my pc, which is Windows ME? Thank you very much for helping. Linda

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Daniel Dimitrijevski
Mar 11, 2009 at 01:38 PM
How do I fix error message C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.Dll
keep getting it every time I turn on computer. How do I correct it ?