How to sort more than one condition in excel

Closed
Mare - Mar 29, 2011 at 03:31 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Mar 31, 2011 at 09:48 AM
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that determines quotes that need to be turned in there are several situations when the quotes have to be turned in such as raw material changes, cost increase for components, cost decrease for components, and new parts.
The colums look like this:
Qtry Alum MP Anual Steel SPS

What I need is something that will allow me to sort all of these colums taking into consideration that the conditions may apply to many parts. So I may have part number 66859545 and the part needs to be adjusted for Alum qtr it also has SPS changes and it also has MP changes. I need to be able to sort by all conditions that apply for each part how can I do this in excel 03. I tried putting Y and N for conditions that apply but the sort eliminates anything that does not aply with each sort and I know that there are more condition that apply to the parts.

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Mar 31, 2011 at 09:48 AM
Hi Mare,

What do you mean by:
I need to be able to sort by all conditions that apply for each part
If you apply auto filter you can sort each column.

Maybe it's best if you provide a liitle sample data of how you sheet looks like, or upload your file using a site like www.speedyshare.com.
Also re-explain what you want to achieve for better understanding.

Best regards,
Trowa