By default, Excel uses your Windows username as the default author name, which automatically appears in the properties of creating Excel files. You can change the default author name in Excel by following the procedure described below.
- Open Excel and Click on the File menu > Excel Options. Next, go to the General section and scroll to Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office.
- Clear the User name field and enter a new author name.
- Now, Click on OK to save your new settings.
Need more help with Excel? Check out our forum!
- How to change author name in excel
- How to change date format in excel to dd/mm/yyyy
- How to stop today function date changing every day in excel > Forum - Excel
- Unable to change date format in excel [solved] > Forum - Excel
- Conditional formatting: change fontcolor based on another cell [solved] > Forum - Excel
- How to insert GIF in Excel: 365, sheet, VBA
- How to take screenshot in Excel: shortcut, sheet, cell
- How to enable VBA in Excel: Mac, Office 365
- Copy data from one excel sheet to another: automatically
- Change date format in Excel: to dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy
- Fix arrows keys in Excel: Scroll lock, alternative method