Block some website from my modem

Closed
sudeep gopia - Apr 7, 2011 at 08:03 AM
 Anonymous User - Apr 7, 2011 at 01:49 PM
Hello,

i am using bsnl brod band connection and teracom modem. here I wants to block some websites in the modem. because there are lot of people using the same connection in their own laptops. so its not possible to block in each system. kindly help me please

sudeep gopi

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 7, 2011 at 01:49 PM
Greetings,

Modems are designed as a gateway from the computer to the Internet. This means they can regulate websites and access to all computers inside the network. Completing this task will differ from modem to modem, although how to obtain the steps is generally the same.

Entering the IP
To access the IP of the modem, enter in the stock IP address for all modems, 192.168.0.1. This will give access to all of the options and settings of the modem. Because website restriction is considered an advanced task, it will be found in the Advanced Settings.

Blocking an Address
Inside the advanced settings will be a list of options. For some modems, there will be a wizard that will require the user to click continue until finding the page that will allow websites to be blocked. Most modems will have a list of commands on the left sidebar, and inside the sidebar will be the option to Block Web Addresses.

Inside the Block Web Addresses page will be a box with two options underneath--Add Page and Delete Page. Adding a page will bring up a box to enter the specific website. Enter in the entire HTML address you want to block, and then click "OK." Save the changes at the corner of the page, and restart the modem. Upon restart, type in the HTML address, and the modem should react noting that the website is blocked from the computer. This will appear on any computer hooked up to the modem.