Who knows if I change my number on WhatsApp?

Solved/Closed
Henko_8715 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 22, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2023 - Jan 22, 2023 at 11:20 PM
vishvajit Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday January 24, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2023 - Jan 24, 2023 at 02:39 AM

If I change my number in WhatsApp, will my blocked contacts realize it after unblocking them?

Related:

1 response

vishvajit Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday January 24, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2023 4
Updated on Jan 24, 2023 at 04:25 AM

Hi,

If you change your phone number in WhatsApp and then unblock a contact who had previously blocked you, they will be able to see your new number.

When you change your phone number on WhatsApp, the app will prompt you to notify your contacts about the change. You can choose to notify all of your contacts or only select ones.

If you choose to notify them, they will be able to see your new number. If you don't notify them, they will not know about the number change unless they try to message you or if you message them.

When you unblock a contact, they will be able to see your updated profile information, including your new phone number, if you have changed it. They will also be able to send you messages and view your WhatsApp status again.

It's also good to note that if you change your number, you will lose access to your account and all of your chat history, so it's best to back up your chat history before you change your number.