If you lose your cell phone or it is stolen, all your information saved in WhatsApp - including messages, photos, videos, etc. - will fall into the hands of strangers. Keep in mind that SIM card locking is not enough to close your WhatsApp session. Read on to find out how to deactivate your WhatsApp account to fully protect your information.
How to disable WhatsApp account if phone is stolen or lost?
In case your phone is stolen or lost, the first thing that you should do is call your mobile operator and request that your old SIM card be locked. If you have your phone's IMEI code, you can also request that the company lock the device itself.
After you've locked your SIM card, you should purchase a new phone with the same phone number and activate WhatsApp on the new phone. Doing so will block access to your WhatsApp account on your old phone, since you can only use WhatsApp on a single device at a time.
How to temporarily disable a WhatsApp account?
Another way to close your WhatsApp session on your old device is to temporarily deactivate your account. To do this, send an email with your phone number (including your country code) to the WhatsApp support team.
Note: Even if your account is disabled, your name will still appear in your contacts' contact list. Your contacts can continue to send you messages that will remain pending for a maximum of 30 days. If you reactivate your account on another device before this period expires, you will receive the pending messages. Otherwise, they will automatically be deleted.
- Recover deactivated aol account [solved] > Forum - Messaging
- How to tell if someone blocked you on facebook or deactivated their account
- How to report a deactivated facebook account > Forum - Facebook
- How To Delete a Facebook Account
- Retrieve my deactivated Facebook account [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile