Windows xp over 7

Closed
humza - Apr 26, 2011 at 09:28 PM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - May 4, 2011 at 05:16 AM
Hello, can some one please help me i am getting the same problem ...after booting my xp cd..it shows up the error says remove any newly installed hard drives/disks or check for the virus...i am using hp dv6 .... so i am not having the ATA option please help me......

thank you....

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Apr 27, 2011 at 02:32 AM
Hi,

Heres the step on how you can install xp on pre installed win 7.
First.
On the Setup of your bios.
Choose the ATA instead of AHCI on the SATA configuration..
then now apply the changes. then insert your cd on the cd rom. make sure you have chosen the cd as your first boot device.

Read this FAQ for more informations:
https://ccm.net/faq/11459-downgrading-from-windows-7-to-xp

Good Luck!
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
May 4, 2011 at 05:16 AM
Should be easy, especially if you don't care about the existing contents on the HD.

Make sure your BIOS is set to boot to your CD-ROM drive first.

If you're getting an error about the drive not being found, you probably need to load SATA drivers, as XP is too old

to support them without first installing the driver during the CD-text mode installation process.

Download the correct SATA chipset-type driver (typically from Intel) onto a floppy. When the machine starts booting

up into text-based Windows setup, you'll see a message at the bottom to press F6 to install a 3rd party driver. Do

so and later on you select the SATA driver for your PC, which it'll read from the floppy. Then your HD should be

recognized. Again, if you don't care about the existing contents, just do a quick format of the HD and avoid dealing

with renamed folders, etc.