Is it possible to put a link in a folder?

Closed
Cardiac Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 - Jan 22, 2009 at 09:18 AM
skypass Posts 10 Registration date Thursday September 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 - Jan 23, 2009 at 02:28 AM
Hello,
Thanks in advance for any help.

I am in the process of trying to make an extensive paper "Hard copy" filing system into a "Soft copy" scanned into pdf file directory. I do have microstation documents that are already located in a database and I would like to be able to point users to the microstation files from my directory. I am not a programmer and even if I was given code or a batch file I would not know how to make it run. What I would like is to be able to store a link in a file but not have to have it be located inside a text document. Is there a way to do this for a non programmer minded individual? So to clarify is there a way to have a link inside of a folder not a file?

Thanks,
Card

1 response

skypass Posts 10 Registration date Thursday September 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 3
Jan 23, 2009 at 02:28 AM
There is a special software that is called Folder link that will able you to put a link in a folder. There is a lot of documentation on it as well as the link for the software itself on the link http://www.qitechllc.com/prod03.htm

Good luck