Particular site not opening on ie8

Closed
sogy95 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2011 - Dec 4, 2011 at 08:19 AM
 Anonymous User - Dec 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Hello,

I would try to be as brief as possible. I'm an XP user and use Internet Explorer 8. The most important site I have to view on the internet is my school site. I have to put my username and password to view the files that have been uploaded on the portal. The school website opens perfectly well on ie8 but when i put my id and password and press enter, the next page shown is: 'Internet explorer cannot display this webpage'. I have tried to visit the site on my dad's laptop which has vista and ie9 and everything works fine on it. so I installed google chrome and the website was working fine on that too. But I want it to work on ie8. This was not happening a few days ago. Please help!

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Not sure why it doesnt work

Try this

Go to <gras>run </gras>and type

<gras>inetcpl.cpl </gras>and click ok

Click on Advanced tab-Click on Reset

Restart your browser and see if you can browse.

Also try to delete your temporary internet files and cookies.

When did this issue start?
sogy95 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 at 08:09 AM
What is meant by run ? Well this problem started about a month back.
Anonymous User
Dec 5, 2011 at 08:11 AM
when you click on start button-you can see an option called RUN.you can get that option by pressing Windows+R key too

That was a shortcut method.If you are not familiar with it.Open internet explorer,on top you have Tools>>>options that should show you the properties window

Click on Advanced tab-Click on Reset

Restart your browser and see if you can browse
sogy95 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 at 04:40 AM
Hello! Sorry for responding late but this didn't resolve my issue. Anyways thanks for the help!

sogy95
Anonymous User
Dec 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Did you check with others if they had same issue with IE8?