Updating 1 excel spread sheet usng 2nd sheet?

Closed
Meca Lee - Dec 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 13, 2011 at 03:47 PM
Hello,
I have 2 excell spread sheets, bothare mailing lists. i woould like to match firstand/or last names from the 2 lists inorder to be able to update a data base. so we have list one which is the list that has the original adress and mailing data. list 2 has updated address infoamrtion on it for those people whom may have moved. in list 1 there is an ID number associated with each Row of infroamtion. if i could take the 2 lists match the names and addreses so that i can take the information in the id# column and place that idnumber into list 2 i can then update another data base. with the new address.

is this possible and is what i am asking clear?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 13, 2011 at 03:47 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.