I tunes wants to delete all of my songs!

Closed
Rubster - Dec 19, 2011 at 09:06 PM
bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 - Jan 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Hello,
i just bought 16 songs and i want to sync them to my iPod (nano 4th generation) but when ever i try it says that it will delete all of the songs on my iPod! i read that some one else had the same problem, i looked at their solutions and the person said this,

-
-
-
"hi,
-
if you sync you iPod with iTunes, all the music in the iPod will be deleted.
-
what you need to do is to click on your iPod icon when you connect it to the computer and
-
then check "Manually manage music".
-
then you need to create a playlist, put all the songs you want to add in your iPod, then
-
under the iPod click on Music, and you will see "Autofill from:" below the window.
-
select the playlist yu created and click on autofill.
-
thus the songs will be added without deleting the ones which were already on the iPod.
-
it is recomonded that you update the iTunes when you are prompted to do so.

thus you can get more features."

-
-
-
So i tryed to follow the persons directions and went to my iPod icon, but got stuck at the "Manually manage music" i couldn't find it! Does any one have any idea on where it is?

Thanks

1 response

bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 31
Jan 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Classic case-scenario where iTunes would politely ask you to delete your iPod tracks. I would recommend using of third-party software for that. There is an article which discusses several such tools here:

https://ccm.net/faq/9463-comparison-of-ipod-iphone-ipad-backup-software