This article will teach you how to permanently delete your Snapchat account. This can be done via the desktop version or Snapchat's mobile app.
Can you permanently delete Snapchat?
If you are wondering if you can get rid of Snapchat permanently, then the answer is yes, you can. However, this doesn't happen overnight. Once you delete your account, it will just be disabled for 30 days. After that, it will get deleted. Then 30 more days after getting deleted, it will get deleted permanently. This means that the procedure takes 60 days in total.
How to delete a Snapchat account from your PC?
To deactivate your account from your computer, you must first connect to the account portal via their online webpage. Sign in using your username and password.
Follow the on-screen instructions to delete your account but note that you have 30 days to reactivate your account.
How to delete a Snapchat account from your phone?
Deleting your account from the app is more complicated - probably because Snapchat doesn't want to lose its users - but hey! we're here for the instructions. Here are the necessary steps to follow:
First, launch the app and click on your profile picture. Next, go to Settings (the gear icon) and scroll down to I Need Help that is under the Support section.
From there, scroll down and tap My Account & Security.
After that, select Delete My Account.
Don't get too hyped - Snapchat isn't ready to let you go yet. Click accounts portal.
Next, enter your username and password. Select Continue.
And it's done! If Snapchat asks for additional confirmation - such as a captcha or else - just confirm. You will now have to wait for 60 days to get your account permanently deleted - in the meantime, you are free to reactivate it by entering with your logins.
- Snapchat account löschen
- Create Snapchat account: with email, with phone number > Guide
- Can't create a Snapchat account [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Snapchat can't create an account right now [solved] > Forum - Snapchat
- Forgotten Snapchat password and email: recover your account > Guide
- How to create a Snapchat account? [solved] > Forum - Snapchat
- Snapchat front flash not working: Android and iPhone
- Snapchat editing tools: tricks and tips
- Delete a Snapchat message: before opened, conversations
- How to replay a Snapchat story
- Add Snapchat effects to photos and videos
- How to reply to snap story
- How to disable wake screen on Snapchat: iPhone and Android
- Calling features on Snapchat: video and voice calls
- Take pictures with the black and white Snapchat filter
- Turn off Snapchat notifications: iPhone and Android
- How to change Snapchat camera orientation
- Change emoji and number of best friends on Snapchat 2021
- Create a custom story on Snapchat
- Set the default video quality on Snapchat: iPhone & Android
- How to fix blurry Snapchat videos