Windows 7 does not load (black screen)

Closed
lost - Jan 8, 2012 at 09:52 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Hello,
i apologize for posting this on software, too but i am not sure if the problem is hardware or software which is why i posted it in both forums.

i have an iMac and i have mac os and windows 7 (dual boot) on it.
i was working in windows 7 but it froze so i had no choice but to turn it off using the power button.
when i turned it back on, it got stuck in black screen with blinking cursor. i have left it alone for 5 hours but it did not load.
the mac portion does load so i am able to access my mac os.
so since i am able to get to mac does that mean the problem is not my ram(memory) ?
what can i do to fix it?
i am unable to get to safe mode because holding down f8 does not work.
i am aslo unable to get to bios to enable boot from flash drive.
my dvd drive is almost broken so i cannot use a repair or windows 7 dvd or cd.
my desktop was kind of full so would deleting files from my desktop help? (i can access files from mac os but i would have to get a software to be able to delete files)

please help me i am freaking out.

i really appretiate it
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Since the Mac OS is working I suspect that it's a software issue with Windows. The standard fix is to do a Windows repair using the Windows DVD.

Good Luck