Toshiba black screen

Closed
SvaeJay - Feb 7, 2012 at 01:52 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 7, 2012 at 06:14 PM
Hello,
I have a HUGE problem with my toshiba... I needed to restart it because of some updates, so I did.... And after that, nothing happened... It just appeared a black screen, i turned it off, and on again and nothing, not even the "Toshiba" logo... If I press f12 or f2 nothing happens and eventually sounds a *Beeep* (That sounds like the one you hear when you overload the keyboard).... If I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete the screen turns off and then on again.

Fan works fine... CD-ROM sounds fine, all Battery, AC and Processor lights work fine....

Any ideas what's wrong with my computer?

Thnx!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 7, 2012 at 06:14 PM
It's ominous that the Toshiba logo doesn't appear. This might be a motherboard problem that costs more to fix than buying a new laptop.

The one thing you can try is to remove the memory cards and try them one at a time. Sometimes a failed memory card can cause this problem.
Just be sure that you don't touch the metal contacts on the cards.

Good Luck