My CD-ROM/DVD Drive is too choosy.

Closed
Neo - Feb 6, 2009 at 01:29 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Feb 6, 2009 at 01:36 AM
Hello,

I also encountered this kind of "can't play madness". At first when my computer is new all CD's and DVD's will play. And then by now it won't longer play but still some of cd's and dvd's will play. When I check the status of the driver it says that the device is working properly. I tried to install codecs taken from the sites who offer free downloads. But still it doesn't work. And also if I'm going to burn cd's, error messages will occur. Like burning processs failed. Is there anyone else who can give me advice of what proper things to do. Thanks in advance.

...Neo
Related:

1 response

DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Feb 6, 2009 at 01:36 AM
Try with another CD/ DVD-Rw Drive, if this works then you are having problem with the lens.
It will be better in this case to change the drive itself. But if you still get the same problem then you will need to re-install WINDOWS because of corrupt files.