PC screen goes black and the unit bleeps

Closed
Pacu Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2012 - Sep 6, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Sanzer Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2012 - Sep 11, 2012 at 02:32 PM
Hello,

My computer screen goes black and the unit emits a high-pitched and a low-pitched sound interchangeably. It occurs only after about 5 minutes after turning it on the first time after the night. I turn off the power, wait a couple of minutes and turn it on again. Everything is working fine as usual, no data is missing.
Do you have any ideas on the cause? What information would you need to say something useful?
Where can I search for the types of unit alerts and their causes by myslef?

the Os is windows home XP

Regards,
Adam

Related:

2 responses

i wouldn't be 100% sure but there could be an issue with the RAM in your computer when you first turn it on a PC makes a regular beeping noise if the RAM is not seated properly and my guess is that the RAM is seated properly but could be not receiving enough charge from the PSU when you first turn it on so my advice would be either Check your RAM modules or Check the charges that are coming from your PSU with a voltmeter
Sanzer Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 at 02:32 PM
Something else of relevance is that every motherboard has a defined set of beeps. If you know what type of motherboard you have you can find out what the beeping pattern stands for. This could be anything from bad memory to bad Power supply to bad motherboard.