No recording device

Closed
djmullato Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2012 - Oct 4, 2012 at 08:18 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 4, 2012 at 09:28 AM
Hello, my laptop says no device connected when i want to record voice. pleae help me solve.

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 4, 2012 at 09:28 AM
Hi djmullato,

Assuming you are running Windows Operating System on your machine, your description indicates that you are receiving "An audio recording device cannot be found." message when you try to record using an external mike/internal mike.

One possible cause of the problem is the Audio Driver. If this is the case uninstalling/reinstalling the Audio Driver will fix the problem.

Other possible cause can be a problem with the recording hardware (viz., audio jack, sound card chip on the motherboard, internal mike etc.) in this case you would be required to replace the hardware motherboard, audio jacks or the internal mike.

Uninstall/install the audio drivers of the machine using the drivers disc that came with your laptop or you can download it from the manufacturer's website. If you have difficulty finding the driver you can let me know and I will help you with that.
Please do write back to us.