PC detects the pendrive but pendrive does not respond

Closed
sinz0000 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2013 - Sep 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 22, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Hey Guys,

Here is the problem - I have 4gb pen-drive. Im using windows 7. When I connect my pendrive it shows the size bar(which shows free space out of total GBs) in my computer. when I open it, pc shows it as a blank pen drive while the address bar at the top shows the opening in progress status. some times my window hangs. and sometimes it doesnt even show the size bar in my computer. it shows just a name of the pendrive without its size bar.

Nothing happens if I try this command in cmd --> attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

When I try to access it through device manager it only shows 'connecting to virtual device' message.

I dont want to format this pendrive as it has very crucial data in it. I have to get this data. please assist.

Thanks,
Sinz
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 22, 2013 at 04:02 PM
This type issue could be caused by a USB virus. It will spread to all of your USB memory devices and hard disk.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (created by El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://ccm.net/download/download-24089-usbfix

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion
Let the tool work.

Ambucias
Moderator/virus security contributor

At the end of the scan a report will show which you can copy and paste here..

The report is save at the root ( C:\UsbFix.txt ).

You can also vaccinate against any virus.