Set up a macro for quarterly reports I produce

Closed
ar3016 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2014 - May 14, 2014 at 02:59 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - May 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me... please!

I would like to set up a macro for quarterly reports I produce. I would normally download a set of data from the accounting software which is a list of nominals and actual expenditure, I would copy and paste this onto the workbook under the nominals tab. I would group the data by nominal description and sum value, I would like to find out how can i recorde a macro so when i manually download this data and paste it onto my tab I can run the macro and it would group it, but not only group it - to delete rows that I do not require i.e Interest receivable/payable as sometimes it would show as an income, as you can imagine not every report i download in the same size.

thank you
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Hi ar3016,

The way to record a macro differs per Excel version. Best to google search "How to record a macro" in combination with your Excel version.

Let us know if you need help adjusting your recorded macro or tell us what you want the macro to do (with all details).

Best regards,
Trowa