DVD ROM DRIVER MISSING

Closed
kingofkings27 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday June 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2014 - Jun 4, 2014 at 05:07 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 5, 2014 at 09:55 AM
hi guys,

I have hp laptop ... for some reason when i put in a cd/dvd i can hear the cd run/spin for a few seconds and then nothing happens. no pop up page comes up asking me what i shud do. BUT.. when i eject the dvd rom... the cd is still spinning ...

i went to device manager and saw that there is no dvd/cd drive.

I tried to download a driver but it did not work..I went on the microsoft fix it... but it says it cannot run with my version. I got windows 8.1..

what can i do

please help
Related:

3 responses

kingofkings27
Jun 5, 2014 at 09:52 AM
hi,
i used this solution:

open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps:
Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation

over here... i come to a message says apply a fix... a press next... i get the same error/..... so i chose the next option which is continue without the fix...

so i can see what drivers are missing but cant do anything after that... only ''close option is there

i have a Coprocessor driver missing..............a base system device that does not have a driver..

the other options on the website dont help

what shud i do.. please help
Blocked Profile
Jun 5, 2014 at 09:55 AM
You need to install chipset drivers for your computer.

go to the manufacturer support page.