FILM ,VIDEO

Closed
ayiyagodfrey Posts 11 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014 - Jun 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 12, 2014 at 08:53 AM
What is the technology behind film or video acting?
Is there any program code written to add beauty, design to films acted?
Are there computer tricks used in film acting and how is this used?
Help me out get rid of the confusion around, please
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I will start with one, no maybe two: Green screen, and animation software.

The ever famous PIXAR studio is giving away there engine, RENDERMAN, check it out here: https://renderman.pixar.com/whats-new

And green screen is like this. Take your scene and shoot it in front of a consistant color, the best resulting color is liime green, as it is not found in nature (mostly not). Then post production (after shooting), run the scene with a filter and "inject" the back ground.

That is just the beginning. If you wish, I have a filter for MOVIE MAKER that will green screen, but it is a bear to deploy, and you must understand XML code.

Let me know, and I am looking forward to feed back from others out there!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
Blocked Profile
Jun 11, 2014 at 05:08 PM
OK, to deploy this solution create a folder, or look for a folder called "AddOnTFX" in the C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\ path.

Create a text file in notepad, and paste the following code into it:
<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Transitions>
<TransitionDLL guid="{C5B19592-145E-11D3-9F04-006008039E37}" >
<Transition name="Greenscreen" iconid="1">
<Param name="KeyType" value="0" />
<Param name="RGB" value="0x00FF00" />
</Transition>
</TransitionDLL>
</Transitions>
</TransitionsAndEffects>

Now save the file as an XML document.
If you take a look at this line:<Param name="RGB" value="0x00FF00" />

This is the color that the filter is looking for. Change this parameter to any color id you are looking for.

Open up th emovie maker again, and make a timeline. Put your video on the timeline. Overlay the GREENSCREEN filter on top of the timeline, and hit play. What ever is playing should be devoid of the color parameter set in the RGB parameter, and will display whatever video is below the filter.

I can expand on this if you wish, just let me know you are needing further explaination!

Have FUN!
ayiyagodfrey Posts 11 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014
Jun 12, 2014 at 07:27 AM
Yes i have heard you, but i still not get it when you talk of making timeline, how do you make timeline and put video in it ?.
I have also navigated through the program files only to end at C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared. I am not seeing /path and ""AddOnTFX"" folder as you said. Any more clarification is highly welcome
Blocked Profile
Jun 12, 2014 at 08:53 AM
OK, well the timline is pretty straight forward, it is the part of the software that you drag video onto-the timeline.

As far as the folder, if it isn't there, you must create it, and put the xml file into it.