Dell inspiron system recovery

Closed
frustratedmother Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2014 - Jun 15, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 16, 2014 at 05:40 PM
My daugter has a dell inspiron computer. It is equipted with core i3, windows 7... I have not been able to get pass the Advanced Repair Screen. I'm trying to restore the computer back to it's orginal settings. Once it boots up, I press the F8 key..it takes me to the Choose Advanced Options menu. From there, I press Repair Computer. For most people, they are shown the file loading bar. My daughter's takes about 2 seconds and goes directly to a page that says, Repair computer or Start the normal way.... Others are able to see the Systems Recovery Options. I am not able to see it. I've tried it about 25 times. I called Dell and they told me that my warranty just expired. I'm trying to keep from going off on this little girl. Please help....
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 15, 2014 at 05:23 PM
Dear Frustrated Mother,

So they told you that the warranty just expired! That's a very poor answer given by a lazy robot employee. Everyone knows that a computer must work for at least five years or more without any issue, if the problem is related to the hardware. Warranty expiry should not be taken as an answer and you must ask to speak to a manager and higher if necessary.

Anyhow, if this may help: If you are in the US region, you can request the recovery media online for one time. Go to this link to request it:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&docid=124442&dgc=SM&cid=260354&lid=4816800

If you are in a different region please reply with the exact region (country) you are located in and they will check for available support options.

Let me know and good luck
Frustrated mothe
Jun 16, 2014 at 05:11 PM
Thanks for trying to help. None of those things will work for me because I can't get pass the Dell start up logo. I don't ever get to the Start button to do anything. I'm sent immediately to the section that I mentioned below that is on a black screen. Still frustrated...and to make matters worse, a company from the middle east keeps calling asking to place some type of antivirus software on my computer. They stated that they got my information from Dell. I'm furious....the lady actually tricked me into giving her access to my computer, where she was looking through my personal files and everything. She had me to go to www.teamviewer.com. ARe you familiar with this>?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 16, 2014 at 05:40 PM
Dear Mother,

Please, don't trust those people ! Dell will never call ! They get called ! Teamviewer is a known application that should be used only with people you know and trust. Teamviewer gives the other party complete control of your machine and access to all of your data, they can upload or download anything.

You wrote: "none of these things will work" you can request the disk from another computer mentioning the service tag number, make, model and serial number.

I suspect that your computer's issue results from a security breech where people with evil intentions accessed it.

Once you get the recovery software directly from Dell, not the mid-east, come back here so that we may guide you in making your computer safe.

Good luck mom

Ambucias
Moderator, Virus/Security Contributor