Toshiba L 455D - laptop - can't get past first (BIOS ?) screen.

Closed
davidistiredofthis Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2014 - Dec 12, 2014 at 01:37 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 12, 2014 at 01:56 PM
Hi guys!
I have an old Toshiba L 455D laptop that I really love and would like to just bring back into operation. Windows 7 is what she has installed. About a year ago, after a difficult (meaning unusually slow) shutdown, she refused to let me get past the intro screen. Please forgive me for poor terminology in these matters - I'm quite old (56). The screen that I'm referring to is the one that you set a password for so that no one uses your computer after power-up. I typed in the password as always and she refused to allow me access. I tried a different password input, and got a different style of refusal to enter. This make me think that the correct password was at least received and understood on some level, but access was still not allowed.
After numerous power-up and down experiments, including a battery removal, now when she comes up the only screen I get is the (BIOS ??) screen. It consists of just an inch-wide blue band in the middle of the screen, with the words - "Enter Password" along with an area to put something in. I have no idea what to do now, and no knowledge of possible passwords. Please help. Thank you

Dave Reintzell
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 12, 2014 at 01:56 PM
You might look at the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434Mw4w8CjI

Good Luck