USP10.dll

Closed
ukgirl1 Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2015 - Feb 16, 2015 at 02:36 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 16, 2015 at 03:19 PM
Hello

I have a huge virus on my pc. USP10.dll

I have tried so many things, trying to restore to an earlier time, restore to factory, change registry, tried to do a complete back uP and so on and so on

I am so frustrated, I took it to best buy to the geek squad they wanted $250
I don't have $250

I bought an external hard drive so that I could transfer a
everything and then restore but nothing works

No matter what I try the error of USP10.dll pops up for example I open Google then it says Google.exe cannot open as it cannot find file USP10.dll
so anything I try to do it comes up with this error.

Can anyone help me please

Oh yes BTW i had given permission to sony to go into my computer to Fix the program, however they could not fix it.

Thank you jennifer
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 16, 2015 at 03:19 PM
Hi UKGirl1

If you really suspect a virus try an online scanner such as Microsoft Safety Scanner Which can be found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

However, you may still get the error as it wont let you out to the Internet.

If you can do a scan with your existing AV then try that as well.

If these fail try the same in safe mode with networking in a clean boot. You dont say what operating system you use - let me know and I will get you through this part if you dont know how to do it.

While in safe mode and after the antivirus check scan and repair your system files for changes ... run a command prompt (Start ans type

cmd

in the search box. Right click on the icon that appears and choose

Run as Administrator

When the program opens (can take a few seconds) type

sfc /scannow

Dont forget the space between sfc and /scannow.

when it completes (which will take some time) restart and see if it is working ok

Hope you get on ok.

Let me know how it goes

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues :o)