Acer pc laptop Bluetooth to my Samsung pc laptop Bluetooth

Closed
neesee - Jun 13, 2015 at 02:47 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 14, 2015 at 02:39 PM
Hello,
Im trying to connect my my acer pc laptop Bluetooth to my Samsung pc laptop Bluetooth I need someone to help asap guide me through it please thank you

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2015 at 02:39 PM
You can't use bluetooth as regular network like Wi-Fi, but you can use it for sending files. To do it go this steps:

Step 1 - Define type of your bluetooth

There are 2 alternatives: in built or Bluetooth dongle. if it is in build go to step 3.

Step 2 - Install Bluetooth

Windows XP and higher versions of Windows have drivers on board, so just plug in your dongle and wait finishing driver installation

Step 3 - Turn on the Bluetooth

Switch on the Bluetooth of each laptop.

Step 4 - Assign Status

Decide which laptop will be used for sending files and which for receiving.

Step 5 - Access Control Panel

On the recipient laptop, open the Bluetooth devices control panel. Click on the `Options' button and then choose `Turn Discovery On' and click `Ok'. Remember, this will work only if relevant Bluetooth drivers and control software is installed.

Step 6 - Select the File to be Sent

Select the file on the laptop, from which you wish to send the file.

Step 7 - Send the File

Once the file has been selected, right click on the file, which will pop out a small window. Select the following options -

Send To => Bluetooth Device

Step 8 - Select the Device

The Bluetooth will start searching for Bluetooth enabled devices in its vicinity. Select the laptop to which you want to send the file.

Step 9 - Assign Passkey

In case there are multiple devices in the vicinity, you should assign a passkey so that only intended recipient receives the file. This can be done by assigning a passkey through control panel of Bluetooth.

Step 10 - Accept the File

A message will appear on the recipient laptop indicating that a device is trying to send a file. Authorize your laptop to receive this file by keying in the passkey. Wait for the file transfer to complete.