Int hdd connected to win 7 and driver driver installed

Closed
Athos - Nov 1, 2015 at 07:48 PM
 Athos - Nov 2, 2015 at 07:46 AM
Hello,

I plugged my internal hdd into a sata port while PC powered on, and saw win 7 successfully a pop up showing driver installed for that HDD :) . I go to into disk management and the hdd does not show. HDD appears in BIOS though.
this HDD used to have win 10 on it and got the black screen of death and I got frustrated since i couldn't make win 10 work again. I bough an SDD and installed a fresh win 7 OS, so i wanted to extract all my files from this HDD and format this drive to use as spare.
Also when installing win 7 i changed drive configuration to AHCI in BIOS but win 10 HDD was IDE does that make any difference to recognize the drive in win 7.
before plugging this HDD i plugged 2 other internal HDD and driver got installed and appeared normally .

what can I do to make it appear ?
help !!!!
Related:

2 responses

EdoubleU Posts 109 Registration date Friday August 28, 2015 Status Contributor Last seen November 3, 2015 109
Nov 1, 2015 at 08:34 PM
have you used or are you familiar with using diskpart in the command line at all?
Hello EdoubleU,

No never did, can you run me through it ?
sorry yes i used Diskpart and list disk but the HDD didnt appear between the other
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 2, 2015 at 03:49 AM
Hi Athos,

Why do you connect the drive while the PC is on? Usually, there is no need to install drivers for internal drives, especially if you are already booting from one drive and you need to connect a secondary drive. It is strange that the drive is recognized in BIOS but not when using the Diskpart command. Could you try to change SATA ports? Have you checked if the drive is working normally on another PC? Try using a SATA - USB cable in order to backup your data.

Hope this helps

Ok i will try that , will let you know