Computer wont boot up properly, urgent plz

Closed
CaptainHunter - Apr 8, 2009 at 05:36 PM
 RABIE THE HACKER - Apr 9, 2009 at 05:52 AM
Hello,

I boot my PC up and find a big red line down the middle of my screen, read up about it onlien and get told that i may have a faulty/broken video cable, so i jig my video cables around a bit and now it doesnt really work at all. When i press teh on button everything starts whirring (as it should) and just keeps doing this indefinately with no change to teh black screen at all until i shut it down at the socket. I tried removing my Hard Drive and booting it up and the exact same thing happens. Please help as this is incredibly frustrating! It just sits on this blakc screen until i shut it down, doesnt go to teh MOBO screen or anything, and the green light on the actual moitor's case that signifies its working goes orange pretty quickly (signalling that its idle and has nothing to do).
Related:

2 responses

Ask Rabie, please
Yes, good idea, Rabie is a well famous hacker in France, contact him
RABIE THE HACKER
Apr 9, 2009 at 05:52 AM
Hi CaptainHunter

We'll try to help you. If we understood your problem it could come from several issues :
- Like you said it could come from a faulty video cable so instead of jigging it try to replace the cable or the monitor.
- Perhaps the gfx cards are loose so remove and connect them again, try to disable the Xfire and try with only one card.
- I f you have a MOBO graphics chipset try to connect directly the video cable to it.

HTH