Cannot set default, access denied

Solved/Closed
1953Cinderella Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 8, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2016 - Jan 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM
 1953cinderella - Jan 8, 2016 at 02:57 PM
After a recent Windows 7 (Ultimate) update, I cannot print. When I try I get the message that I must set a default printer. My printer has disappeared from 'Devices and Printers'. If I am printing at a time when the print dialog box appears, I can find my printer in the drop down and choose it and print. I have been told 'access denied'. I have tried 1. reinstalling my printer several times, including updating drivers 2. System Restore 3. Read instructions on how to fix the registry - but I am not savvy enough to understand this. 4. Right click my computer, computer manager, local uses and groups, and I enable every one. What is next to try?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 8, 2016 at 02:11 PM
what is the printer make and model?
1953cinderella
Jan 8, 2016 at 02:57 PM
Epson c88...... however I kept at it until I fixed it. I went into the administrator account and loaded the printer from the desk and set it as default. I also shared it with my regular profile.. Then I went back to my account and installed the printer again and when I finish it was there where I could see it and it was already set as default. I am printing now. Thank you so much for answering me.