Automatically copy the row into the appropriate sheet

Closed
cam64 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2016 - Jan 13, 2016 at 06:03 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jan 18, 2016 at 04:11 AM
Hi everyone.
I've set up an excel 2010 workbook to log maintenance repairs through the hotel.
sheet 1 is an ongoing log of 5 columns.
A= location
B= Item
C= Fault
D= Result
E= date

The locations entered into column A are all mirrored on individual sheets after sheet 1 which I've named i.e. 1-36 (rooms) Kitchen, Public, Outside

What I want to achieve is that when I enter a fault on sheet 1, I want it to automatically copy the row into the appropriate sheet with the same name that i enter into column A. this will be an ongoing log with infinite number of entries.
I hope that makes sense.
Please understand I'm a novice with this, so any help would need to be step by step guide probably even where I have to enter what you will be telling me lol.
Thanks so much for your time
cam64
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jan 18, 2016 at 04:11 AM
Hello Cam,

Looks like the fish are not biting!

For us to help you, could you please upload a sample of your work book (be careful with any sensitive data) so that we can see exactly what you would like to do. You can upload a sample using a free file sharing site such as DropBox, ge.tt or SpeedyShare and then post back here with the link to your file sample.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.