Facebook message sent to me won't play recently

Solved/Closed
Joni - Jan 14, 2016 at 07:45 AM
 Anonymous - Oct 4, 2016 at 06:41 PM
Hello,

Facebook message sent to me suddenly won't play recently when i am using PC, it's Ok with my phone & tablet. anyone know why? i am using firefox

Related:

1 response

ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017
Jan 14, 2016 at 06:40 PM
Firefox may be the problem since the video is working correctly on your phone.

I suggest trying to:
1) Clear your entire cache and history, sign back on to facebook and see if the video plays.
2) Make sure your firefox is updated to the latest version. If not, install it.
3) Make sure you are running the latest version of Flash Player. You can download Adobe flash player from the download section here: https://ccm.net/downloads/internet/4613-adobe-flash-player/
4) Restart your computer and then refresh your browser.

If all else fails, test Facebook videos on Internet Explorer or Google Chrome and see if they are working.
IntraxBjorn Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 13, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 at 07:31 AM
I have the same problem since half of July 2016 , with 1 contact on my facebook.
I did some tests and found usefull information to pinpoint this problem.
On cellphone it works, on laptop with latest version of Firefox, Flash en Java it doesn't work.
I have found that if you receive the voice message from someone with a Android phone, the voice message is in .mp4 format and it works.
If i repeat this with a iPhone user, the voice message is in .aac format and it doesn't work.
If have then searched in my chathistory with the iPhone user to a point where the voice messages worked, and these voice messages were in .mp4 format.
So the conclusion is, that the problem is not by Firefox, Flash or Java, but Apple has changed something.
If i download the .aac file, and open it with windows mediaplayer it works, so why doesn't this work in Firefox ?
Do you have iTunes installed? If not try installing iTunes.