Play Pokémon games: for free, on Android
You can actually run Pokémon games on an Android tablet or smartphone. To do so, you will simply need to use a third-party emulator.
How to play Pokémon games on Android?
The answer is yes, and it's not very complicated! Check out the steps below:
- The first step is to install a Game Boy emulator on your phone.
- Open the Google Play Store (APK) and search for Game Boy emulator. Once found, follow the steps to download and install the app.
- The next step is to download ROM files (the game's data files) onto your smartphone. ROMs can be downloaded from a number of sources, but our favorites include Love ROMs and CoolRom.
- Do a simple search for the desired ROM, and download it.
- Next, it's time to load the game. This can be done by simply launching the emulator app, browsing for the corresponding ROM file, and loading the file. The game should launch automatically.
What Pokémon games can you play on mobile?
There are actually a number of Pokémon games that you can play on Android and iOS devices. They are not necessarily the typical Pokémon game where you explore a region and capture Pokémon, but they are nonetheless fun games in their own right. Especially Pokémon Go which incorporates Pokémon and the real world!
Any more gaming questions? Check out our forum!