Automatically transfer data from one worksheet to various others

Closed
621carrots Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 20, 2016 - Jan 20, 2016 at 01:11 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jan 21, 2016 at 04:40 AM
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to automatically transfer data from one excel worksheet to another worksheet but only when a specific cell(s) are filled in, TFS from worksheet 1, is filled in.

1.Worksheet 1 contain the following table headers:
Case Number,TFS,TFS Status / Case Status, Priority,Subject,Asset Name, Company,POC,Date/Time Opened,Closed, and Notes

2.Worksheet 2 contains the following table headers
Case Number,TFS/Task ,TFS Created On,TFS status / Notes

For example when I enter a number under the column TFS on worksheet 1 the TFS number along with the rest (case number, TFS Status, Notes ) is transferred over to worksheet 2. Every time the transfer occurs Excel should input the current date for each "TFS Created On" cell.

Thank you for helping me with this :)

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jan 21, 2016 at 04:40 AM
Hello 621carrots,

There's some confusion in what you are explaining /trying to do. Your thread title mentions "............from one work sheet to various" yet your post only mentions sheets 1 and 2.

The headings are somewhat of a jumble but I assume that they would be the same (description and number of) in each sheet.

It would be best if you could upload a sample of your work book so that we can properly assess what you are trying to do. You can upload a sample by using a free file sharing site such as DropBox, ge.tt or SpeedyShare then post back here the link to your sample file. Remember to be careful with any sensitive data.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.