This article will teach you how to configure Facebook Messenger to automatically save incoming media to the gallery of your smartphone.
Note: It seems that at this moment the auto-save feature is no longer available. However, it is possible that it comes back in the future.
How to manually save photos and videos?
The first thing to do is to click on the photo or video of your choice. Next, select the three dots above More.
Different options will appear. Select Save.
How to automatically save photos and videos?
First of all, keep in mind that this feature is only available for Android devices. By default, the photos shared on Facebook Messenger are only accessible within the app itself. This procedure will allow you to access any media shared on the app whenever you wish.
Go to Apps and open Facebook Messenger. Tap on the Settings followed by Data & Storage.
Tick the Save Photos - Save incoming photos to your Gallery checkbox.
- How to automatically save photos from messenger
- Save Photos Taken with Facebook Messenger
- How to save audio from messenger > Guide
- Android - Create a Desktop Shortcut To a File or Folder
- Deactivated Facebook- can’t change messenger picture? [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to Download Images From the Internet on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Tips and tricks for Facebook Messenger on Android
- How to start secret conversations on Facebook Messenger?
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account