This article will teach you how to configure Facebook Messenger to automatically save incoming media to the gallery of your smartphone.
Note: It seems that at this moment the auto-save feature is no longer available. However, it is possible that it comes back in the future.
How to manually save photos and videos?
The first thing to do is to click on the photo or video of your choice. Next, select the three dots above More.
Different options will appear. Select Save.
How to automatically save photos and videos?
First of all, keep in mind that this feature is only available for Android devices. By default, the photos shared on Facebook Messenger are only accessible within the app itself. This procedure will allow you to access any media shared on the app whenever you wish.
Go to Apps and open Facebook Messenger. Tap on the Settings followed by Data & Storage.
Tick the Save Photos - Save incoming photos to your Gallery checkbox.
- Save Photos Taken with Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger: How to download audio files?
- How To Enter Facebook Without Having to Enter the Password
- Deactivated Facebook- can’t change messenger picture? [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to Stop Automatic Translation of Posts on Facebook
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account