Pendrive no media

Closed
ravi maurya - Mar 10, 2016 at 04:38 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Mar 10, 2016 at 05:12 AM
Hello,
My pen drive has bought 1 month ago . Pen drive brand TOSHIBA 32 GB. But suddenly my pen drive does not work. when I pen drive plug in PC then show your device installation but Pendrive not show. then I go to disk management then my usb flash device show NO Media. another way CMD open Diskpart --list disk --then enter but my device show (NO Media -o byte). Please how to solve this problem because I have a many important file .please give me a suggestion.
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Mar 10, 2016 at 05:12 AM
Hey there, ravi maurya.

Do you have any data which you wish to recover from that pen drive or you just want it to work properly?

First you could try assigning the USB flash drive a new drive letter via Disk Management. You can follow this tutorial: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-41136-external-driver-change-directory If that doesn't work, you should try the pen drive with a different device/computer, to see if the same thing happens. If you keep having issues and if you don't need any data recovered from it, I'd recommend that you check the flash drive manufacturer's website for a formatting tool/utility (most manufacturers offer such tools for their memory cards and pen drives) and try reformatting the flash drive with it, to see if that fixes the problem.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD