Hp laptop only be working off of the battery

Closed
jeffreyreno Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2016 - Mar 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM
jeffreyreno Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2016 - Mar 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM
my laptop seems to only be working off of the battery when the ac power cord is plugged in it charges the battery just fine but for some reason it wont keep the computer working when the battery goes low if i remove the battery and just use the ac power cord the computer will come on for a quick second and automatically turn off until i put the battery in any reason why the cord wont work to keep the computer powered on? the computer had windows 7 home but was upgraded to windows 10
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 28, 2016 at 05:14 PM
OK< what is your power settings at? Look at what happens when it is plugged in, or below a certain % of battery. It may be operating correctly based on those settings!
jeffreyreno Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2016
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM
I shecked settings also they are at hp recomended i checked device manager to update driver for power cord. Ok where the icon is in the corner only shows a battery no power cord around the battery like it should .what should correct settings be and shouldnt it come on with the battery out ?