Copying number over from last sheet and adding to it

Closed
Ags - May 5, 2016 at 05:18 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - May 7, 2016 at 08:08 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to figure to if it's possible to do the following: I have an excel doc with monthly spreadsheets and I would like a number to be copied over always from the previous spreadsheet and add from another cell in the current spreadsheet. I hope that makes sense. So e.g in the May sheet copy over a cell from April and then add to that from a cell in May, in the next month it would copy over from the May and add from a cell in June.

What I would like to know is if there is some kind of formula which would know to always copy a cell from the previous sheet?

I'm not an expert in Excel, but if anyone can shed some light on this it would be very helpful.

Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
May 7, 2016 at 08:08 PM
Hello Ags,

A simple formula in each sheet should do this for you, as per the following example:-

Assume you are referencing Cell A1 in each sheet.

- In the May sheet, in Cell A1, place the following formula:-

=April!A1 + May!C1

with C1 being the cell in the May sheet from which you want to add the value to A1.

So, if the April A1 value is 10 and the May C1 value is 10, then the result in May A1 will equal 20.

Change the cell references to suit yourself.

You should be able to take it from here.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.