Issues with router...

Closed
sliske15 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2016 - May 29, 2016 at 11:32 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 29, 2016 at 04:00 PM
So a few days ago, around midnight, my fiancee and I were on the computer connected to the wifi I get via my Linksys E1200 router, and out of nowhere, the connection drops. I thought it an issue with my modem, and called my ISP, but they said everything was fine on their end- I should have internet according to them. So I've spent the next two days solid trying to re-configure my router, doing everything from doing a factory reset to getting inside the settings on my computer and trying to re-do all the settings I had before. Problem is, I'd say about 90% of the time, I can't get to the page that hosts my IP address, and the times I do, it'll freeze on me. Even more confusing is the fact that both of our computers register the fact that the router has a network for us to connect to- the network just isn't connected to the internet, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it. I've gone into the command prompt and done the ipconfig/reset and ipconfig/renew things... neither worked though. I'd rather not go out and buy a new router as I'm extremely limited on funds. Any help is much appreciated.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
May 29, 2016 at 04:00 PM
You probably need to replace the router. They only last 5 to 6 years.